OET MONEY SERVICE SDN BHD
This Privacy Notice sets out how OET MONEY SERVICE SDN BHD handles personal data of customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
1. Our Commitment to You
We value the trust of our customers and are committed to protecting your personal data and ensuring that your personal data is used only for
the purposes stated herein.
2. Defining Personal Data
Personal data refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to
distinguish, identify or contact you.
3. What Kind of Personal Data We Collect?
Being a licensee under the Money Services Business Act 2011 (MSBA), we collect customer personal data as required under the MSBA and
Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism Financing Act 2001 (AMLATFA). The personal data we collect include but not limited to:
• your contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, national identification card details, passport
details, purpose of transaction and other relevant information related to the business transaction. Where necessary in order to
ensure compliance with the laws, we may collect information relating to occupation details, bank account information, salary range, source
of funds; and/or
• information captured on security systems, including a recording of your image on Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and a recording of your
voice from calls made to us.
4. How do We Collect Your Personal Data?
• We collect personal data directly from you or your authorised representative when we or our approved money services business agents
conduct Customer Due Diligence on you for money services business transaction below:
- Money-changing transaction for an amount equivalent to RM3,000 and above;
• Any amount for a remittance transaction
• you contact us in person or over telephone with a query or complaint; and/or
• your image is recorded on our CCTV.
5. How do We Use Your Personal Data?
We only use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
• for identification and verification of your identity;
• to respond to any queries or complaints you may have about our services;
• to be retained for use in your future transactions with us;
• to prevent and detect fraud, money laundering or any other crimes; and/or
• to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
6. To Whom do We Disclose Your Personal Data?
We may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
• companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, service providers and/or professional advisers, and such parties as necessary to comply
with legal and regulatory requirements;
• our prospective or new owners(if any) in which instance, we would require them to adopt a notice of similar nature to protect your personal data,
subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to OET MONEY SERVICE SDN BHD.
7. How do We Protect Your Personal Data?
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure your personal data is protected against unauthorized or accidental loss, misuse, modification,
disclosure or destruction.
8. How Can You Access/Correct/update Your Personal data?
Where you wish to have access to your personal data in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal data held by us
is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us in writing. Your request should provide us
with the following information:
• Your personal details:
√ Name (as per NRIC for Malaysian/Passport for foreigner)
√ NRIC/Passport No.
√ Full address
√ Mobile & land line No.
• Type of request:
√ Copy of your personal data; and/or
√ Up-date of personal data (Please specify the information to be updated)
The request must include Customer Declaration as follow , signed and dated as follows:
“I declare that all information given in this request is true and complete”
Please send your request to:
OET MONEY SERVICE SDN BHD
Ground Floor, Crown Regency Suites
No. 12 Jalan P.Ramlee, 50250 Kuala Lumpur Fax : 03-21619906
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal data within 21 days of receiving your written request.
9. How Long May We Retain Your Personal Data?
Pursuant to section 28 of the MSBA, we must retain all information about your transactions with us, including personal data for at least seven
(7) years or beyond the stipulated retention period for exceptional circumstances e.g. pending legal proceedings or investigation which has yet
to reach finality.
10. English Version
The English version of this Privacy Notice is valid and binding.
© 2014 by Racing Creatures Sdn Bhd.
Follow us :